Monday, February 15, 2010

Coming back from the dead

So I've decided that Resurrection is going to be quite a happy experience. On Wednesday I woke up at 4 am feeling queasy; in the next 18 hours I "blew chunks", to use the refined term, 9 times. Vomité mucho. (Not sure if I need a "yo" with that. I've decided on leaving the gangsta' vocabulary out in this case to avoid triggering a gang war.) Along with that, I had very explosive diarrhea. Since I live on the top bunk of my room (at night anyway) the trips to the bathroom every 5-10 minutes ended poorly with a difficult climb up Mt. Bederest. That got increasingly difficult as the day went on. Somehow Chelsea and Jake (and Mom) learned of my plight (luckily the horrors of that day, especially the morning, are already fading from memory) and they came to the rescue. I was whisked away to Orem, where they dumped me on the street and told me I was too sick, they didn't want me at their house.

Okay, not really. They hauled me to their house and shut me up in the dog pen outside, where they've been throwing me scraps of food once a day. I just barely escaped.

So that isn't true either. I slept in their bed they have downstairs, braced for further explosions with a huge 5 gallon bucket in both the bedroom and the bathroom, and somehow survived the night. (I did clean those buckets chels, but you may want to do them again just to be sure). The Thursday there still seemed to be blocks preventing the valves in my digestive tract from letting things through (part of the reason I puked so much Wednesday - any attempt to hydrate myself failed miserably). I didn't throw up at all Thursday though, so that was a good sign.

Friday I still felt all nasty inside, but I was able to eat a few scrambled eggs and some vegetable soup. I had to take a test that day though, and it was horrible trying to prepare for it (I was going to do all that on Wednesday and Thursday) and even worse to go sit in the Testing Center for 2 hours, but getting out and about was actually good for me I think. Saturday the gross feeling inside remained, but a lot of things felt better, and I had slept a lot better. I was able to eat some more. I had to complete an Accounting lesson that night, and it took 4 hours instead of the usual 1 - 1.5 hours due to my body still being so exhasted. Today, Sunday, I woke up and felt a ton better, which surprised me a lot. I slept great. I've eaten quite a bit, and I'm hoping that I'm well again tomorrow so I can hit the homework I missed during the days I missed (it is our last school holiday). Grrr. That isn't going to be pleasant.

So the real questions we are all left asking are:
1. What is it like for Austin when he tries to sleep while he's really sick?
Answer: It is like doing math problems in your sleep all night. I think that is what Outer Darkness will be like. Even my dreams get very weird when I'm sick. The only comparison I can think of is watching Alice in Wonderland because nothing makes sense. (No freaky cats or mad hatters.) My brain seems to try to find a pattern and cause for everything in the dream, even for the shape of things, and to learn how to alter it in future situations. Blah. Maybe that is why I felt sick for so long. I despise it.
2. How much is Chelsea going to pay me for letting her take care of me and for me gracing her house with my presence?

We'll just have to guess at that one. Please keep it under $20,000 though.

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy, sure thing feel free to use the Google/China illustration, just remember to credit me and I guess if it's digital just link it back to my blog.

    F.

    ReplyDelete