Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oddities

I am amazed at how weird life it. So many strange experiences, so little time...

For example, there I was in the Testing Center trying to succeed in a math test, and I encountered 3 problems I have no idea how to do and another that I know half of. On the half problem I felt about 70 % sure that I could guess how the teacher would have been thinking while he wrote the question, so I wasn't too concerned about that. The other 3 problems give me a lot more trouble however, so on one I kept playing with them over and over trying new ways to attack them. I did end up with some sort of answer on one of them, but I got there in a very unorthodox way so it probably is wrong. The next one I know what I have to prove but can't remember how to do it in the specific instance they gave me, so I use the little bit I know and use logic (which may give me a couple points, but maybe not.) The last one I have no clue what to do. It is way out there, so much so that I don't remember ever doing a problem like that before. This one happens to be a multiple choice though, so I think to myself, "Self, usually the answer to multiple choice problems is either b or c, but these go all the way to g. Hmmm. I guess b." I turned in my test and went to view my multiple choice score on the ol' TV and find to my delight that I got 100%. That made me feel good, though I still have some trepidation about the rest of the exam....

Another odd thing happened today too, but I'll have to tell that another time. Time to go to the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment