Monday, August 3, 2009

Cowboy Up!

I'm currently playing through a video game called "Halo 2", a famous little game on the Xbox console. Basically humankind is attempting to protect itself from aliens who are blastedly determined to blow up the entire galaxy, including themselves, without knowing it. I was trying to defeat a guy named Regret who was one of the instigators of this insanity, but to do so I had to crawl up on his little floating seat and punch him to knock him out. Basically, each time I did so I imagined my character (a 7 ft human weighing half a ton in his armor) sporting a cowboy hat and boots as he settled things the old fashioned way by punching the living daylights out of this freaky alien dude. This was amusing to me since Master Chief (my character) is not the least bit like a cowboy, or anything with the word "boy" in it. He looks more like a guy you'd never want to meet in a dark alley, a lighted alley, or even in an open field at noonday; he's that tough. Yeehaa!

In other pertinent news, I got BYU football tickets with my family. Yay! That will be really fun.

We've been pouring concrete like mad in these here parts, but more is soon to come. Harvest is just around the corner as well, and it rained today a bit. Things are good, especially since irrigation is nearing an end. Finally!

Well, here's where I must leave you and go to bed, but not before I give some timely advice no matter what's going on in your life: Cowboy Up!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder why you pictured a cowboy. I would think it would make more sense to think your cowboy character was a big, huge, scary futuristic man... But it's a funny image, anyway. Don't come and visit, or Grant'll bite your leg off. I'm surprised I still have any fingers now that his shards of teeth have appeared.

    ReplyDelete